This is where the magic will happen. As one blog post after another come together, they will coalesce into a space-time anomaly that lets me race with much younger guys. It’s a project lovingly built, one DeLorean flux capacitor at a time. Some of the pages in the works include:
- How I Train. This set of pages will pull together all my training ideas on running, cycling, and duathlon in a practical way so that older athletes who come after me can dominate in their races. This covers training from about 5K runs up to 2 hour events (roughly Olympic distance). It also includes single-sport races (e.g. half-marathons, 40K time trials, etc), which I think are so critical to performance.
- Recovery. The real trick to racing against 20 year olds is to recover like one. Thankfully, being smarter is often more important than being younger.
- Injury Prevention and Treatment. How I have conquered (or tried to conquer) the injuries I’ve gotten, how I keep them from coming back, and tricks for preventing new ones from cropping up.
- Products I Use. What secret tricks really help? Which ones don’t?
- Essential Resources. Don’t take my word for it. Go straight to the source instead. Every person takes away different lessons from different teachers. These are the best teachers I know of.
This is very much a work in progress– I’ll be using it as my personal toolbox so I have every incentive to keep it up to date. Bookmark this page and come back soon if you want to race decades younger than you should be.*
*Content not suitable for my competitors in the M45-49 or M50-54 age groups– none of this stuff will work for you. Instead, I urge anyone in these age groups to regularly use these products as a unique way to alter your oxygen uptake.